Mayor de Blasio Says He ‘Can’t Trust’ Con Edison After Latest Outages
Canarsie and Flatlands are majority-black neighborhoods 59 percent , where more than 40 percent of residents are born outside the U. We pay like everybody else. A spokesperson for Con Edison told Grist that the preemptive power outage was necessary to prevent a larger blackout that would have knocked the power out for those residents anyway.
- Management Teams: Why They Succeed or Fail;
- His Ladys Manservant!
- Epochs of Modern History: The War of American Independence 1775-1783.
- The Brooklyn Heat & Soul Band.
- During deadly heat wave, New York utility cut power to high-risk neighborhoods.
Please enable and refresh the page. Who are they protecting?
Providing You with Quality Service
What about us? To preserve who? Who are they preserving?
So why are we not important? Three nursing home facilities were also without power. One of those was using a generator.
City Opens Cooling Centers in Central and East Brooklyn as Heat Wave Is Hitting NYC | BK Reader
Governor Andrew Cuomo announced he was sending state police troopers, generators and light towers. About 52, power outages were reported Sunday night in Brooklyn during a heat wave, which came one week after a massive power outage in Manhattan. Con Edison crews are responding to approximately 33, outages in the southeast Brooklyn neighborhoods of Canarsie, Flatlands, Mill Basin, Old Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, and Georgetown due to continued heat and high usage.
- Choices in Life?
- Schopenhauer and the World.
- Billionaires Pet at the Masquerade (BDSM Training Exhibitionist Erotica)!
- Event Information.
- The Brooklyn Heat & Soul Band | Discography | Discogs.
- HAFIZ OF SHIRAZ The Life, Poetry and Times of the Immortal Persian Poet. A Screenplay.
Con Edison regrets the service interruption to its customers and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. When calling, customers should report whether their neighbors also have lost power.
Customers who report outages will receive updates with their estimated restoration times as they become available. Customers can follow Con Edison on Twitter or like us on Facebook for general outage updates, safety tips and storm preparation information.
Customers should also avoid opening freezers to see if food is still frozen. Every time the freezer is opened, room-temperature air enters and speeds the thawing process.
Most fully loaded freezers will keep food frozen for approximately 36 to 48 hours; half-full freezers will keep food frozen for approximately 24 hours. The equipment problems in the affected areas have no effect on the rest of the Con Edison system. Con Edison will provide updates to affected customers both directly and through the media as the situation warrants.
- London in Chains (An English Civil War Novel).
- bobbles and puffs?
- Brooklyn Nets vs. Miami Heat | Barclays Center.
- The Mercy, (The Rose Trilogy Book #3): Volume 3!
- Fire At Notorious Brooklyn Federal Jail As NYC Enters Heat Wave.
- Marx Today: Selected Works and Recent Debates?
- Search form.
Limit use of appliances.